Genser Energy is governed by an experienced Board of Directors and advisors with expertise and interest in the African energy and mining sector.
- Has over 33 years’ experience as an entrepreneur in diverse industries, including procurement and logistics, real estate and trucking
- Holds a BSc in Business Administration from the University of Ghana, Legon
- Founded Genser Energy and has been CEO since 2007
- Has over 13 years of experience in project development, management and consulting services, having worked with McKinsey and Company, USA in the North America Operations practice
- Holds a BSc in Mechanical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and minor in Operations Research
Jacob is a founding partner of Oppenheimer Partners (OP) which was established in 2017 alongside 3 other partners.
Jacob has over 16 years of investing experience gained in leading investment companies across emerging markets and Africa in particular – preceded by investment banking experience with a global investment bank. At OP, Jacob has co-led the business in the establishment and execution of its business plan. This has culminated in investments in Nigeria, Uganda, South Africa and more recently Ghana.
Prior to co-founding OP, he served as Chief Investment Officer at Kagiso Tiso Holdings (KTH) for 5 years where he was responsible for managing the investment strategy, team, portfolio and was part of KTH’s transition into a fully-fledged pan African investment holding company. KTH had total assets of approximately $1bn and under his leadership, the team invested over $300m in acquisitions across the continent and managed over 25 disposals.
His background includes time at Actis, a firm specializing in emerging markets, where he spent approximately 7 years investing in South Africa, West Africa and Brazil.
Jacob is a Chartered Accountant of 20 years standing and a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) of 18 years standing.
Frederic is an investment professional with OP.
Prior to joining OP in January 2017, Frederic worked for the Oppenheimer family office in the Infrastructure investment team where he was involved with deal sourcing and execution, principally in the power sector. During this time, Frederic served as a board member for a portfolio company.
Frederic has experience in both emerging and developed markets as he previously spent over 16 years working across the globe for Alstom Power (now part of GE Power) and Electricite de France (EDF). His roles included operational leadership such as site director and project consortium director on infrastructure mega projects. In addition, he also led several internal cross business operational improvement and change initiatives.
Frederic holds an MBA from the London Business School and an MSc in Engineering from Arts & Metiers Paris Tech.
- Has over 35 years of experience in Project Management and as CEO in capital and long term consumer goods industries in Latin America and Europe
- Holds Diplomas in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering of The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETHZurich) and of the International Executive Program by INSEAD
- MBA from Strathclyde Business School in Scotland, UK.
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Kumasi.
- 35+ years of experience in mining and engineering, policy formulation and implementation in mining and related fields, board leadership, significant contribution to banking in Ghana, ardent advocate of Corporate Social Responsibility, mentoring and personnel training.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration from Mancosa University
- An LLB degree Honours from the University of London,
- Member of The Mauritius Institute Of Directors.
- 10+ years of experience in the financial industry of Mauritius, with specialisation in offshore banking, offshore business structuring, legal and management of offshore companies across several offshore jurisdictions.
- BSc in Finance from the University of Mauritius
- Qualified accountant and a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)
- 7+ years of experience in the financial industry of Mauritius.