Genser Energy is governed by an experienced Board of Directors and advisors with expertise and interest in the African energy and mining sector.
- Has over 33 years’ experience as an entrepreneur in diverse industries, including procurement and logistics, real estate and trucking
- Holds a BSc in Business Administration from the University of Ghana, Legon
- Founded Genser Energy and has been CEO since 2007
- Has over 13 years of experience in project development, management and consulting services, having worked with McKinsey and Company, USA in the North America Operations practice
- Holds a BSc in Mechanical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and minor in Operations Research
Jacob is a founding partner of Oppenheimer Partners (OP) which was established in 2017 alongside 3 other partners.
Jacob has over 16 years of investing experience gained in leading investment companies across emerging markets and Africa in particular – preceded by investment banking experience with a global investment bank. At OP, Jacob has co-led the business in the establishment and execution of its business plan. This has culminated in investments in Nigeria, Uganda, South Africa and more recently Ghana.
Prior to co-founding OP, he served as Chief Investment Officer at Kagiso Tiso Holdings (KTH) for 5 years where he was responsible for managing the investment strategy, team, portfolio and was part of KTH’s transition into a fully-fledged pan African investment holding company. KTH had total assets of approximately $1bn and under his leadership, the team invested over $300m in acquisitions across the continent and managed over 25 disposals.
His background includes time at Actis, a firm specializing in emerging markets, where he spent approximately 7 years investing in South Africa, West Africa and Brazil.
Jacob is a Chartered Accountant of 20 years standing and a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) of 18 years standing.
Neeraj is the chief financial officer and head of operations at Oppenheimer Partners, a global investment business with assets in Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana and Uganda across diverse sectors: manufacturing, healthcare, energy solutions, FMCG and consumer products.
Neeraj is also involved in portfolio management and deal execution. He has advised on corporate finance transactions across the African continent and on cross border transactions in other markets. Previously, as a partner at KPMG, he headed up the Corporate Finance Valuations business, oversaw the India-Africa business corridor and was a member of the Global High Growth Markets team which develops opportunities in high growth, largely emerging markets.
Neeraj is a Chartered Accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW) and a qualified Corporate Financier also with the ICAEW.
- Has over 35 years of experience in Project Management and as CEO in capital and long term consumer goods industries in Latin America and Europe
- Holds Diplomas in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering of The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETHZurich) and of the International Executive Program by INSEAD
- MBA from Strathclyde Business School in Scotland, UK.
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Kumasi.
- 35+ years of experience in mining and engineering, policy formulation and implementation in mining and related fields, board leadership, significant contribution to banking in Ghana, ardent advocate of Corporate Social Responsibility, mentoring and personnel training.